The Certificate III in Individual Support secures your long-term employment and prepares you to care for Australian seniors effectively in residential facilities and their homes, making real change in their lives.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and / or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
As part of this course, you will take part in the following activities:
- An organised industry work placement
- Ability to apply your skills in our practical training environment
- Provide first aid CPR Training
What’s in Stirling Institute of Australia’s Individual Support course;
- Recognise healthy body systems (HLTAAP001)
- Confirm physical health status (HLTAAP002)
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care (HLTWHS002)
- Work legally and ethically (CHCLEG001)
- Work with diverse people (CHCDIV001)
- Communicate and work in health or community services (CHCCOM005)
- Provide individualised support (CHCCCS015) Meet personal support needs (CHCCCS011)
- Support relationships with carers and families (CHCCCS025)
- Support independence and well being (CHCCCS023)
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people (CHCAGE001)
- Provide support to people living with dementia (CHCAGE005)
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001) *Additional Elective
- Provide first aid (HLTAID003)
Want to find out more? Or register for one of Stirlings upcoming Individual Support courses?
Call us on 1300 790 265 or complete the contact form below.
Click here for a PDF version of the course flyer for printing.
This training is delivered with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding
(Eligibility Criteria applies – speak with our representative to learn more).
We actively tailor training for people from diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities, and encourage all to apply.
This nationally recognised qualification is delivered by Stirling Institute of Australia (TOID 21132)