As part of this Horticulture course, you will take part in the following activities:
- Workplace visits to gain insights into different worksites
- Ability to apply your skills in our practical training environment
What’s in a Stirling Institute of Australia Horticulture Course:
- Contribute to work health and safety processes (AHCWHS301)
- Provide information on plants and their culture (AHCPCM302)
- Control weeds (AHCPMG301)
- Control plant pests, diseases and disorders (AHCPMG302)
- Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas (AHCSOL303)
- Identify plant specimens (AHCPCM303)
- Implement a plant establishment program (AHCPGD301)
- Implement a landscape maintenance program (AHCPGD304)
- Implement a plant nutrition program (AHCPCM301)
- Perform specialist amenity pruning (AHCPGD303)
- Plan and maintain plant displays (AHCPGD302)
- Prepare growing media (AHCSOL301)
- Transport, handle and store chemicals (AHCCHM304)
- Prepare and apply chemicals (AHCCHM303)
- Operate pressurised irrigation systems (AHCIRG332)
- Respond to emergencies (AHCWRK303)
- Carry out a crop regulation program (AHCPHT301)
To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, candidates need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at Certificate III level, this can be demonstrated via the following:
- Pre-training review to assess individual needs and that the individual can demonstrate ACSF working level 3 for all indicators. Where a test result is supplied, it must be within the last 12 months.
- Basic computer skills.
A satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) will be required for all work placements.
This training is delivered with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding (Eligibility Criteria applies – For eligibility criteria and information please contact us on 1300 790 265).
To view our current fees & charges
Note: The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
This course is delivered face to face in a classroom environment with a combination of theory and practical activities.
All candidates enrolling in the course are entitled to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) or credit transfer.
Taking the next step is easy!
Simply fill in the form below and one of our consultants will be in contact.