The Certificate III in Individual Support secures your long-term employment and prepares you to care for Australian seniors effectively in residential facilities and their homes, making real change in their lives.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and / or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
As part of this course, you will take part in the following activities:
- An organised industry work placement
- Ability to apply your skills in our practical training environment
- Provide first aid CPR Training
What’s in Stirling Institute of Australia’s Individual Support (Ageing) course?
- Recognise healthy body systems (HLTAAP001)
- Confirm physical health status (HLTAAP002)
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care (HLTWHS002)
- Work legally and ethically (CHCLEG001)
- Work with diverse people (CHCDIV001)
- Communicate and work in health or community services (CHCCOM005)
- Provide individualised support (CHCCCS015)
- Meet personal support needs (CHCCCS011)
- Support relationships with carers and families (CHCCCS025)
- Support independence and well being (CHCCCS023)
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people (CHCAGE001)
- Provide support to people living with dementia (CHCAGE005)
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001) *Additional Elective
- Provide first aid (HLTAID003)
This training is delivered with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding (Eligibility Criteria applies – For eligibility criteria and information please contact us on 1300 790 265).
This course is delivered face to face in a classroom environment with a combination of theory and practical activities.
Taking the next step is easy!
Simply fill in the form below and one of our consultants will be in contact.