The Certificate IV in Ageing Support prepares you to care for Australian seniors effectively in residential facilities and their homes, making real change in their lives.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and / or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
As part of this course, you will take part in the following activities:
- An organised industry work placement (minimum of 120hrs)
- Ability to apply your skills in our practical training environment
- Provide first aid CPR Training
What’s in Stirling Institute of Australia’s Ageing Support course;
- Facilitate individual service planning and delivery (CHCCCS006)
- Meet personal support needs (CHCCCS011)
- Support independence and wellbeing (CHCCCS023)
- Support relationships with carers and families (CHCCCS025)
- Manage legal and ethical compliance (CHCLEG003)
- Deliver care services using a palliative approach (CHCPAL001)
- Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (CHCPRP001)
- Assist clients with medication (HLTHPS006)
- Recognise healthy body systems (HLTAAP001)
- Confirm physical health status (HLTAAP002)
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care (HLTWHS002)
- Work with diverse people (CHCDIV001)
- Facilitate the interests and rights of clients (CHCADV001)
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people (CHCAGE001)
- Coordinate services for older people (CHCAGE003)
- Implement interventions with older people at risk (CHCAGE004)
- Provide support to people living with dementia (CHCAGE005)
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, candidates need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at Certificate IV level, this can be demonstrated via the following:
- Pre-training review to assess individual needs and that the individual can demonstrate ACSF working level 3 for all indicators. Where a test result is supplied, it must be within the last 12 months.
- Basic computer skills.
- A satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) will be required for all practical placements.
- Immunisation certificate may be requested by the host employer.
This training is delivered with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding (Eligibility Criteria applies – For eligibility criteria and information please contact us on 1300 790 265).
To view our current fees & charges
Note: The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
All candidates enrolling in the course are entitled to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) or credit transfer.
Taking the next step is easy!
Simply fill in the form below and one of our consultants will be in contact.