Whatever the reason, Stirling Institute’s Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015) has been designed for those looking for practical knowledge and to bridge the industry gap between rehabilitation techniques, end·range strength programs and return to work and play protocols.
As part of this course, you will take part in the following activities:
- An organised industry work placement (minimum of 120hrs)
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Chronic Disease & Injury Prevention
- Exercise Science
What’s in Stirling Institute of Australia’s Allied Health Assistance course;
- Recognise healthy body systems (HLTAAP001)
- Confirm physical health status (HLTAAP002)
- Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program (HLTAHA003)
- Communicate and work in health or community services(CHCCOM005)
- Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming (SISFFIT019)
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately (BSBMED301)
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care (HLTWHS002)
- Work with diverse people (CHCDIV001)
- Manage legal and ethical compliance (CHCLEG003)
- Assist with an allied health program (HLTAHA001)
- Implement injury prevention strategies (SISFFIT031)
- Deliver prescribed exercise to clients with musculoskeletal conditions (SISFFIT526A)
- Conduct group sessions for individual client outcomes (HLTAHA011)
- Instruct fitness programs (SISFFIT003)
- Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility (HLTAHA005)
- Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programing (SISFFIT004)
To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, candidates need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at Certificate IV level, this can be demonstrated via the following:
- Pre-training review to assess individual needs and that the individual can demonstrate ACSF working level 3 for all indicators. Where a test result is supplied, it must be within the last 12 months.
- Basic computer skills.
A satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) will be required for all work placements.
This training is delivered with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding (Eligibility Criteria applies – For eligibility criteria and information please contact us on 1300 790 265).
To view our current fees & charges
Note: The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
This course is delivered face to face in a classroom environment with a combination of theory and practical activities.
All candidates enrolling in the course are entitled to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) or credit transfer.
Taking the next step is easy!
Simply fill in the form below and one of our consultants will be in contact.